Saturday, June 30, 2012

Android AVD Emulator libGL.so error

After announcement of Jelly bean I upgraded to Android SDK 4.1. After upgrade, AVD didn't boot up properly and it always froze on Android boot Image. I noticed the following error on the console.

Failed to load libGL.so error 
libGL.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

After a bit of research I discovered that if I install  "libgl1-mesa-dev:i386" I can get rid of the issue. Following command can be used to install the libgl.

$sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-dev:i386

After installation and restarting the system, I didn't notice any error and AVD worked like charm.

Your valuable comments are always welcomed. It will help to improve my post and understanding.

"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest."
By : Confucius